PSI-Plot version 10.5 new features
(Show me in printer friendly format: plotnew.pdf)
The new program
includes a fully functional report window. In this report window, users can
easily edit and format data analysis results within the program. In
addition, the new report window allows users to include plots and other OLE
objects such as bitmap pictures or rich text in the report document to
enhance their presentations.
A new Stineman
interpolation option has been added to plot editing. With this new method,
the interpolated smooth curve is guaranteed to not introduce new local
maxima or minima. This offers additional leading edge to present your
The new program also
includes a new plot type that automatically creates an error bar chart with
various error options such as data statistical quantities or the percentage
of experimental values.
Several new moving
average smooth methods have been also introduced in the new program. With
this new feature, users can easily add their favorite smooth curve with just
a few mouse clicks.
The new program has
enhanced its on-screen graphics display. This ensures accurate screen
presentation and output for either graphics exportation or hardcopy prints.
New and enhanced matrix
manipulation methods and results reports.
The new program
implements a new data entry interface for Fourier transform or FFT. With the
new user interface, users can enter the data with or without specified time
New and improved 3D
surface interpolation method generates smooth surfaces to present your
irregularly measured data.
New enhancement to EPS
graphics format exportation ensures the proper bounding box.
Convenient right mouse
click to call up the speed menu for all windows.
curve selection algorithm makes the plot editing user interface friendlier.
Many other enhancements
such as improved ternary plot batch capabilities, better graphics
exportation user interface, new data sheet manipulation methods, improved
user hot key interface, and new ASCII data exchange options.
in version 10 and included in version 10.5
The new singular spectrum analysis (SSA)
method allows users to decompose time series data into their principal
components and to re-construct the data with user-selected components.
In addition to the least square linear
regression method, this new version includes several new linear
regression methods: robust linear regression, Deming linear regression,
and Passing-Bablok linear regression.
Nine new symbol styles
and more drawing tools have been added to
expand the already powerful plotting capabilities of the program.
A new plot type, stacked bar chart with
error bars, has been added to the new program to complete the spectrum
of bar chart plots.
The enhanced timestamp option allows you to
mark each of your plots with timestamps with your desired content and
The new program has improved capabilities as
an OLE client. Now, you can embed OLE objects into your plots and edit
and export your plots with the embedded objects to other programs.
Five new line styles
have been incorporated into the new program to enhance the presentation
of your research data.
The new version of PSI-Plot also
incorporates a new plot type: polar error bar charts.
The enhanced curve fitting user interface
and reporting features allow users to select the desired data ranges to
be used in the fitting process and calculate and report the EC50/IC50
The new program also includes many other
enhancements such as matrix eigen-value calculation and reporting,
report view user interface, user configuration controls, ASCII data
input options, and more data column operations.
What's new in version 9.5
New built-in mathematical functions include
log-factorial, complementary log-log, inversion of complementary
log-log, Bessel functions, modified Bessel functions, Dawson function,
and exponential integral.
New matrix manipulation methods include lower
and upper triangular (LU) decomposition, QR decomposition, singular
value decomposition (SVD), and matrix linear equations.
New maximum likelihood estimations for
generalized linear models (GLM) with observed data following normal,
Poisson, and binomial error distribution.
Improved Poisson and logistic data-fitting
methods and results reports.
Enhanced macro capabilities for recording and
duplicating repeated procedures.
Enhanced boundary condition calculations for
data differential and data integral with clamped spline interpolating
Enhanced data-fitting routines automatically
handle missing data points and improve results reports.
New maximum likelihood method for the
calculation of LD/LC and confidence intervals at any desired probability
level (such as LD25, LD50, LD70 etc).
Enhanced data importation avoids duplicated
names for data merges and allows user-specified delimiter options.
New data format supporting times with
Enhanced data management for data ranking,
normalization, column separation, column combination, and column
Enhanced data transformation with automatic
updates of multiple-level transformed data.
New batch export function allows users to
export PSI graphics files into other graphics formats with greater time
Enhanced batch plot capability for 3D surface
and contour plots.
Many new plot types: 3D bar charts with error
bars, 3D stacked bar charts, polar bar charts, polar stacked bar charts,
and polar bar charts with error bars.
New 3D rotation feature allows users to
rotate a 3D plot in three independent directions automatically.
New customized time stamp allows users to
define their own time stamp for their plots.
New expanded capability that supports up to
50 curves in a 2D or 3D plot.
Enhanced 3D surface and contour plot
Enhanced polar plot and legend generation.
Enhanced bar charts and surface format
editing allows users to load pre-defined fill patterns and colors for
the existing plot.
New printed User Guide with over 300 pages.
What's new in version 9
The new program is fully compatible with the
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system and earlier
versions of Microsoft Windows.
Expanded data sheet capable of handling data
up to 1,048,576 rows and 1024 columns.
New fully functional report windows offer
more flexible ways to edit mathematical and statistical manipulation
results and exchange data with other windows and Windows applications.
The new project environment links your data
sheets, plot windows, and report windows together to provide a more
efficient way to manage your research projects.
The new program comes with a new powerful
macro feature that allows you to record your data sheet operation in a
user-defined macro file and use this macro for repeated procedures.
New real-time plotting allows you to connect
your edited plots with a dynamic data source and provides live updates
of your plots to reflect the changes in the data.
The new menu with graphics icon presentation
provides more intuitive ways to navigate the new programs.
New dialog box help system. Need help? hit
the <F1> key.
New data import capabilities, including
support for MS Access format and Wave data format.
New data management features include new
column normalization methods, column combination, column separation,
column statistics, handling missing cells,
filling missing cells with linear or spline interpolated data, inserting
data block, improved editing undo,
and sorting multiple levels
of unbalanced data.
New and enhanced data fitting methods include
new Poisson regression, improved simplex and Powell methods for
user-defined fitting, expanded user-defined model, and over 100
pre-defined fitting models with smart model initialization.
New mathematical and statistical features
include Weibull analysis for failure rate, Kaplan-Meier survival and
hazard estimates, and interactive function evaluation for arbitrarily
Enhanced dose-response analysis: calculation
of LD/LC and its confidence intervals at any desired probability level
(such as LD25, LD50, LD70,...).
The expanded status line hint messages will
report virtually all information regarding your mouse location such as
screen position, axes coordinates, data values, data source, and many
New document format control allows you to set
the page mode, margin sizes, and many other options such as data title,
time stamp, page count, etc.
New plot wizard will create your desired plot
in a more convenient and intuitive way.
The improved OLE server functions allow you
to insert your PSI graphics into word processors (such as Word) and
PowerPoint reliably and then edit your PSI graphics inside these
Export graphs in PDF, PostScript and other
commonly used graphics formats such as GIF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.
Many new plot types: horizontal box plot,
horizontal hi-lo charts, horizontal auto error bar charts, candlestick
charts, survival curve, Nichols chart, floating column with variable
widths and colors, 3D-scatter plot with user-specified symbol labels,
polar bar charts, polar histogram charts, tableau plots for scattering
curves and bar charts.
Enhanced axis presentation features include
new axis modes in the decibel (dB) and BER (Bit Error Ratio) scale and
as well as prefix and suffix labels for axis tick marks.
More user interactive controls on plots and
data curves include calculating the area under a selected curve within
user specified data ranges, adding multiple fitted curves to a scatter
plot, and inserting user defined symbols into an existing plot.
Enhanced graph editing includes improved
multiple-level undo capability, fine-tuning a text object with super-
and sub-script, new plotting tools, new line types, and using arrow keys
to move a plotting object.
For surface and 3D bar charts, the new
program offers two different methods to create 3D mesh data for
irregular data input.
For the 3D surface and
contour plot, the new program allows you the option of drawing the
contour on the surface or on the projection plane.
New cluster function plot allows you to plot
a cluster of functions and the function plot model for plotting
complicated multiple-lines functions.
What's new in version 8
- PSI-Plot version 8 is the biggest upgrade since version 4. The user interface for the new PSI-Plot was built on the
newest Microsoft Foundation Class Library. The benefits of this new developing platform are overwhelming. It
offers the most advanced industrial standard user interface. The new programs run faster and smoother under all
Windows operating systems.
- The enhanced object linking and embedding (OLE) implementation allows you to insert your PSI graphics inside
word processors (such as MS Word) and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint) seamlessly. The in-place
editing feature offers you the power to edit your PSI graphics inside MS Word (or other word processing programs)
- With the new programs, you can directly export your plots in the most commonly used graphics formats
(Postscript, EPS, WMF, EMW, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and TIFF) with a few clicks of your mouse. For bitmap
images (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF), you can set the desired resolution to satisfy your document publishers
- The newest versions of the programs use the HTML online help system with a user-friendly interface. The online
help content has been totally rewritten with complete menu command references.
- The enhanced missing point handling and error control techniques make the new programs more robust for
numerical calculation and data processing.
- The newly improved spreadsheet preview offers you the true WYSIWYG on your printout. The updated printing
routines let you print your spreadsheets or graphs on virtually any printer supported by Windows.
- The new programs maximize the use of your mouse control and bring new power and convenience to your
fingertips. The new programs use both of your mouse buttons and your mouse wheel for different tasks. The
changeable cursor shapes make your plot editing easier and more enjoyable.
- New plot types include three commonly used box and whisker plots: the skeleton boxplot, fenced boxplot, and
percentile boxplot. The ternary plot supports user-defined symbol colors and styles for each plotted data point.
- Numerous new and enhanced features in data management and manipulation:
- Automatic file type detection for data importation.
- Drag-and-drop operation.
- Additional built-in
- Simultaneous mathematical transformation with multiple equations.
- Interpolation procedure for handling missing points and multiple-values problems.
- Advanced methods for creating 3D mesh data.
- Curve fitting with user specified constraints on the parameters.
- Multilevel data sorting
- Logistic regression (or curve fitting).
Multiple linear curve fitting.
Stepwised multiple linear curve fitting.
Butterworth digital signal filters.
- Enhanced matrix manipulation.
- Hints for speed buttons.
- Users remarks on a data sheet and on each column.
- Many new and improved features in plot creation and editing:
- New multiple level undo.
- User predefined colors for symbol sequence, line sequence, surface color, and bar chart patterns.
Changeable mouse cursor for editing graphs. As you move the mouse over various areas of your graph, the
cursor will change into ten different shapes.
- Additional multiple layer control.
- Advanced algorithms for creating smooth 3D surface and 3D bar plots.
- New text object allows you put a shadow in four different positions at various depths in any color.
- Enhanced legend editor.
- Three commonly used box and whisker plot types:
fenced boxplot, and
- 3D scatter plot with user controllable symbol color, style, and size for each plotted data point.
- Ternary plot supporting user defined symbol colors and styles for each plotted data point.
- Hints for speed buttons and the tool box.
- Conversion from color plot to gray scale.
- Global change of line size for all plotting objects.
- Global change of symbol size for all curves.
- Revised users handbook.
What's new in version 7
- User-defined hot keys for assigning your favorite key strokes to
your frequently used commands with an easy-to-use hot key
- Built-in calculator.
- Enhanced program installation: automatic registering PSI data
and plot file type for automatic file opening.
- Enhanced drag-and-drop operation with automatic
file type detection.
- New and enhanced menu system: speed menu holding the most
recently opened files for fast file access; pop up menu,
responding to the click of the right mouse button, providing a
fast and convenient way for editing.
- Saving the last active folders information for fast data retrieving.
- Enlarged data sheet with the capacity of handling 1024 columns
and 131,072 rows of data.
- Exporting ASCII data with user specified precision.
- Enhanced data import/export: supporting CVS and comma
delimiter ASCII file; automatic detecting the column names of
importing data file; optional column names inclusion for data
- Additional power in curve fitting: automatic updating cell values
of fitted column for predefined and user-defined curve fitting.
- New data interpolating method: Stineman interpolation.
- Expanded data format: day of week, days of the year.
- Automatic updating cell values for calculated data columns.
- More user friendly descriptive statistics: optional short or
comprehensive analysis report; automatic checking user selected
- User defined curve fitting with global weighting factors.
- New semi-linear fitting method for commonly used power and
mono-exponential curve fitting.
- Expanded user-defined regression model: up to 50 equations, 50
variables, and 50 parameters.
- New regression method: comparing two linear regressions.
- Complex Fourier transform: forward and inverse.
- User controlable lower and upper limits for histogram.
- New digital signal process method: forward and inverse wavelet
- Scalar transform for matrix and vector: transforming a block of
data with a simple math equation.
- New graphics object management: providing a more smooth and
fully user-controllable way to edit graphs.
- New graphics legend editor: intuitive, item-to-item controllable,
and with preview window.
- Expanded drawing tool and data symbol with a new set of
astronomy and scientific symbols.
- New axis scale: reciprocal and probit.· Enhanced 3D bar format
control: shading 3D bar chart according to X, Y, or Z values.
- Improved text object alignment.
- New line type: fine dotted line for all plotting objects.
- Probability axis scale: allowing user-specified precision for text
- Improved ternary plot: supporting minor grid lines and enhanced
major grid lines.
- Automatic error bar generation with more error options: ±2
standard deviation, ±3 standard deviation.
- Free MTOG utility for Win NT/2000/XP: converting Windows
metafile to most popular graphics file format: AI, BMP, CGM,
EPS, GIF, HPGL, JPG, MAC, MSP, PCX, PIC, TIFF, and
- Revised users handbook.
|What's new in version 6
- The year 2000 compliance
- New number formats: dd-mm-yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy
- OLE 2.0 server implementation
- Automatical uninstallation of PSI-Plot
- Automatical detection of importing data format
- Enhanced data sheet preview
- More predefined fitting models
- Sorting text column
- Tab control for dialog box
- Data trimming: low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and notch
- Two way ANOVA with unequal sized replication
- Supporting drag-and-drop operation
- Saving plot to a placeable metafile
- Color control button in tool bar: changing default colors for
curves, bars, and surfaces
- New math equation editor
- Regenerating data sheet from existing plots
- Retrieving data information for data curve
- Changing data ranges from curve format
- Assigning new data set for plotted curve
- Optional smooth line connection for curve
- New plotting types: candle stick plot, column plot, and Pareto
- More quality control charts: x-chart, moving range, moving
average, r-chart, s-chart, x bar chart, p-chart, np-chart, c-chart,
and u-sq chart
- User-defined text symbol for each data point
- User-defined symbol color, symbol style and symbol size for 3D
- Automatical labeling of contour values
- HiLo plot with percentile option
- Selecting 3D curve with mouse
- Log (log) scale in axis
- Probability axis scale with minor tick
- Optional minor tick marks for axis
|What's new in version 5
- OLE 2.0 implementation: embedding OLE object inside a
PSI-Plot without losing its original information
- Direct importation of Microsoft Excel 5/7 data format
- Algebraic equation solver (root finder)
- Difference equation solver (function iteration or function
- Basic matrix manipulation: determinant, trace,...etc
- Matrix inversion and transposition
- Calculation of eigen values and eigen vectors for given matrix
- Nonlinear curve fitting with user-defined weighting factors
- Numerical integration of any user-defined function with
numerical error estimation
- Data integration with interpolation and rectify negative value
- Dynamic link of data sheet and plot
- User controlled data ranges for analysis and plotting
- User selected font type, font style, and font size for data sheet
- Enlarged data sheet capacity with 1,024 columns and 100,000
- Optional guidelines for data sheet
- Automatic update of transformed column values
- Calculation of percentage value and accumulative percent value
- Normalization of data to a given range, percentage value, or by
- Editable configuration for all plotting objects
- Undo capability for plot editing
- Connecting plot with any data sheet or file
- Multiple-line text entry
- Data inspection: verification of the actual value of each data
point along a curve
- User-defined plot: different color, symbol style, and symbol size
for each data point on a curve
- 3D vector plot
- Closed area plot
- Error bar plot with simultaneous vertical and horizontal error
- Changing attributes of grouped objects: size, font, and color for
text; line size and color for objects
- User-defined background pattern for 2D axes frame
- Filling of contour intervals with specified colors
- Polar plot with user defined R-axis location
- Automatic creation of legend for 3D curves, and 3D surfaces
- Customized zoom
- Additional mode for displaying dates on axis
- Resizing of a graph while maintaining its aspect ratio